With the support of the Wallace Foundation we are awarding the following prizes in 2016
· $600 for the Wallace Arts Trust Prize Best Short Story; and
· $300 for the Wallace Arts Trust Runner-up Short Story.
The competition welcomes both emerging and established writers to share their stories based on the theme ‘A Kiwi Romance’ using a maximum of 750 words .
Participation is the most valued aspect of this inaugural award, which is also supported by the GABA Trust.
The winning story will be announced in Auckland during Pride 2016 and published on gaynz.com. Additional publicity and storytelling opportunities are being pursued – watch this space!
· Julie Helean, award-winning author
· Gina Cole, winner of the inaugural Alternative Bindings writing contest, 2014
· Stevan Eldred-Grigg, award-winning writer of novels, short stories and history
· Peter Wells, award-winning author and film-maker whose books include his memoir Long Loop Home' which won the 2002 New Zealand Book Awards Biography Prize.
Email us at email@example.com for full entry criteria. Entries close 1 December 2015.
Please share news of this contest with your writer friends. Keep up to date with us on https://www.facebook.com/AlternativeBindings or at our blogspot, alternativebindings.blogspot.co.nz
The Wallace Foundation was established by the James Wallace Arts Trust and Sir James Wallace to foster, maintain, promote and advance the education of New Zealand artists and New Zealand people generally in the creative arts.
Alternative Bindings is a collective of LGBTQI lovers of books and the written word. We run events during Auckland Pride each February that encourage people to express their own stories in writing.
For more information please contact